RF PvP Tactical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes)

3 posters

Go down

[Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Empty [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes)

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-17, 13:22

GM, i always got DC today..... i check my connection and its OK,,, Thus everyone got DC today?
and i just want to ask the dialogue on CORA race, i cant understand because im not a Russian i cant read the race chat, all chat, sell chat, party chat, the PM and even sometimes the normal chat... but when i try to create a character on ACC, i can read the map chat, all chat, but not all.... thus my char in CORA bug?

Hope u can help me... plssss
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Empty Re: [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes)

Post by godsmacku 2008-12-17, 13:36

I get dced alot my self.. I think its the server.. its Russian = POS.. lawls.. Russian made or american made it all comes from Taiwan.
godsmacku
godsmacku

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Empty Re: [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes)

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-17, 14:30

ok thnx.... but i cant read all the PM's, is it normal? or my char bugged?
http://*****.com
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-17, 14:32

is this normal?
http://*****.jpg
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomie 2008-12-17, 14:52

If you get DC, then it depends on the distance between you and the private server. this can't be fixed unfortunately, unless you subscribe to a better internet provider.

GraceJoy, you can't link url to your own hard drive.
You need to upload your images to an image hosting website, like TinyPic.com.

To upload an image do the following...

1. Click Browse...
  2. Select 1 image on your computer that you would like to host.
  3. Click UPLOAD NOW! to transfer the image file to the host.
  4. When the upload is complete, you will receive codes to copy/paste into the forum ;)
Copy the code under the bar named "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" then place it on the forums. Simple!

Looks like this when it's done:

[Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Xnz03p

Regards,
Sir Doomie
Doomie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 587
Race : All 3 Races
Country : [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Flag_s19
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://PvPworld.Ru

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-17, 14:57

sorry... thnx for the advice, GM is it normal that i cant read all the PM's such as Race chat, map chat, sell chat, party chat, all chat even normal chat?
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomie 2008-12-17, 14:59

no it's not normal.

Try clicking "T" on the keyboard. Then click on the bar called "Normal"
Then there should be no problems I guess.
Doomie
Administrator
Administrator

Country : [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Flag_s19

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-17, 15:05

what i mean GM is i cant understand all the chats.... sorry for my mistake....
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-17, 15:12

[Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Fub120
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomie 2008-12-17, 15:27

oh boy, alright. I'll try to explain this as good as i can...

The strange text you're saying is in a language NOT supported by the client. It's probably Russian.

The client doesn't support the language type because RFO doesn't support unicode script.

Easier then that I can't explain :/
But if you want to read Russian, reply back here & i will explain also give me what OS you're running if you want to
Doomie
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-17, 16:06

were only playing on a cafe... the OS is windows XP, were from Philippines and we cannot understand Russian...
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-17, 16:43

what can we do GM in order for this to be fix... previously we played at RF addiction and we don't encounter this kind of problem... pls help us we really like to play here in your server... plssss
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Empty How to change unicode settings...

Post by Doomie 2008-12-18, 01:16

Do you mean that Filipino isn't displayed correctly?
Alright then, I'll tell you how to fix it...

This is how you change the unicode script into your language for non-unicode applications like RFO:

This setting enables programs that do
not support Unicode to display text and dialog boxes in their own
language by installing the necessary code pages.
This means, programs designed for other languages may not display text correctly, like RFO.
RFO is only made to display Korean letters and English letters and some more simple ones.

NOTES:
•To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Administrators
group on the local computer, which I bet you are.
•Only non-Unicode programs are affected by this setting.
The language you select for this option does not change the menus and dialog boxes of
Windows or other Unicode programs. Only for non-unicode programs.

1. Go to Control Panel.
    [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Xp-lpk-Step1

2. Click on Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options. (skip this if you got the classic view)
    [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Xp-lpk-Step2

3. Click on Regional and Language Options.
    [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Xp-lpk-Step3

4. The Regional and Language Options window will appear.
    [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Xp-lpk-Step4

5. Click on the \"Advanced\" tab
    [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Xp-sysloc-Step2

6. Under \"Language for non-Unicode program,\" select the language version of non-Unicode
    programs that will be used.
    If you want to read Russian, choose Russian. If you want to read Filipino, choose Filipino & so on...
    [Solved] Always get DC, Font text problem in-game (names are in codes) Xp-sysloc-Step3

Click OK, then follow the on-screen instructions.
You will be prompted to reboot the system, which it always will when you change the language.
Click Yes to complete. Then wait for the computer to restart & then run RFO to see if it worked :)

Hope that helps, have a good day!
And remember that double posting isn't allowed ;) Paranoid

Last edited by Doomie on 2008-12-18, 02:22; edited 1 time in total
Doomie
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomie 2008-12-18, 02:21

I'll move this to the newly created support section.

=> moved to Support Section

/Doomie
Doomie
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceJoy22 2008-12-18, 05:51

Thnx GM... we really appreciate it....
GraceJoy22
GraceJoy22

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomie 2008-12-18, 06:21

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help you/everyone.

As the topic is solved, I'll lock it now :)

=> Locked
=> Marked as solved

Regards,
Sir Doomie
Doomie
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down